Phase one reopening starting Tuesday May, 26 2020
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting
- Retail – (Limited to curbside or in-store pickup or drop off)
- Wholesale Trade
New York FORWARD
Fire Hydrant Flushing Notice
The Village of Wappingers Falls Water Department will be flushing fire hydrants throughout the Village for the month of May starting Monday, May 4th. Residents are advised to check their water prior to doing laundry and to allow the water to run until it clears if any discoloration occurs.
Village Elections POSTPONED
Village Elections are postponed to September 15, 2020.
Notice about Water/Sewer/Garbage Bills
DUE TO COVID-19, VILLAGE HALL IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. ALL WATER/SEWER/GARBAGE BILLS CAN BE PAID BY MAIL, DROPPED OFF IN THE LOCK BOX LOCATED AT VILLAGE HALL OR BY CREDIT CARD OVER THE PHONE (845)297-8773. CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO A CONVENIENCE FEE BY NATIONWIDE PAYMENT SOLUTIONS (NPS) EQUAL TO *2.65% ($1.50 MINIMUM) OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT BEING PAID. AFTER A PAYMENT IS RECEIVED A RECEIPT WILL BE MAILED TO YOU.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
Employers Are Hiring Now
Wappingers Central School District Food Service Update – 4/13/20
Thank you to all of the families for your support and feedback as we continue to navigate through COVID-19. We know this is a stressful time and strive to help through the regular distribution of breakfast and lunch to our students.
Please note there have been changes
Beginning Monday, 4/13/2020, based on the consistent level of meals being distributed, the meal distribution for students will be as follows.
Please note meals will ONLY be distributed on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Monday and Thursday pickups will each be for two days.
Please note that any meal not eaten within an hour must be refrigerated.
Breakfast & Lunch Pick-Up Locations Between 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
Roy C. Ketcham* (Also between 7:00-8:00 a.m.)
John Jay High School
Sheafe Road Elementary School
Wappingers Junior High School
To assist with the ease of pick-up for families please have the following information readily available to give to the foodservice staff when you arrive to get your meals.
Your Child’s Student ID
First and Last Name
School they attend
Meals are limited to one breakfast and one lunch per day, per WCSD student, for students 18 years old and younger.
Thank you for your patience. We know this is an ever-changing process and appreciate your understanding. We will continue to communicate changes via email, text messages, push notification, telephone and on the WCSD Emergency website.
Office of the Mayor Press Release
April 1, 2020
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, on Sunday March 22nd the Village had its first infection of COVID-19. Yesterday its reported cases increased by 50% to a total of 12. After reviewing the data from the County, the Village’s small urban population is second in Dutchess County in both infections per 1,000 and per square mile. (Second to Beacon and the City of Poughkeepsie respectively). It is apparent that this virus likes urbanized areas. Please listen to the recommendations of our County and State. This virus is very contagious and it especially preys on the weak. It is absolutely recommended that Village residents take heed and stay at home, limit trips to the grocery stores, wash your hands and take care to practice social distancing. Remember, here in the Village where there is a higher percentage of elderly, it is especially important to protect each other by following these recommendations.
Dutchess County released it’s COVID- 19 Dashboard
New Coronavirus Dashboard is now available at dutchessny.gov/coviddashboard with data about the COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on our community, including information on the number of confirmed cases and a map of the cases in each of the County’s 30 municipalities, as well as other important information.
Wappingers Central School District Food Service Update
- Your Child’s Student ID
- First and Last Name
- School they attend
Meals are limited to one breakfast and one lunch per day, per WCSD student, under the age of 18 years old.
Village Playground Equipment Closed
As we learn more about Coronavirus transmission, we continue to assess our risks in the Village. We are concerned for the health of our children and how it might be compromised by the virus staying on the hard surfaces of play equipment. This decision isn’t meant to opine as to how long the virus lives on hard surfaces, but in this case we would rather err on the side of caution so you can insure your child remains virus free.
All playground equipment in any Village Parks is CLOSED.
However all Village Parks remain open for you to visit, relax and walk. But we ask you to practice social distancing.
Thank you for your cooperation and be well!
Temporary Suspension of the Open Meetings Law
Temporary Suspension of the Open Meetings Law by the Governor’s Executive Order 202.1:
Due to the COVID-19 State of Emergency, the Village of Wappingers Falls will cancel the regular meeting that was noticed for March 25, 2020. It will however have an emergency meeting as explained below.
Executive Order 202.1 temporarily suspends the Open Meetings Law requirement for public bodies to provide the public with in-person access to public meetings. Through April 11, 2020 at the earliest, public bodies may hold a public meeting in the following four ways:
1. In person at a public location;
2. In-person at a public location, with some or all of the members attending via video-conferencing and in-person attendance allowed at all locations where video-conferencing is occurring as well as at the public location;
3. By conference call, with either an in-person location where some board members are present, or with all board members participating remotely, but allowing the public to listen to the conference call, which must be recorded and a transcript provided at a later date; or
4. By video-conferencing, with either an in-person location where some board members are present, or with all board members participating remotely, with the public able to view the video-conference online, which must be recorded and a transcript provided at a later date.
For the safety of its official, employees, residents, and the general public, the Village has decided to go with a combination of options 3 and 4. Until further notice, the Village of Wappingers Falls will be employing Zoom for Village Board meetings and WebEx for Planning Board meetings. No meetings of the Zoning Board of Appeals are currently scheduled. Each service allows participation by the public either by computer or smartphone over the internet, or by telephone.
On Wednesday, March 25, 2020, the Village Board will conduct a short emergency Zoom meeting solely for the purpose of voting to have a Special Meeting on Wednesday, April 1st, 2020 at 5:00 pm. This meeting will be held exclusively online, with no one attending in person at Village Hall. The Trustees and meeting attendees will participate via remote access through Zoom by computer. No public hearings are scheduled for this meeting. The public is invited to listen to and watch the meeting either via computer or telephone, but there will be no live public participation during this meeting. The Village is in the process of establishing email addresses that public comments may be sent to. We will post this information on the website as soon as it is available. We will also post the Zoom meeting information as soon as it is available.
March 25th meeting will be recorded and posted on the Village website.
Community Food Resources
Wappingers Central School District
- Roy C. Ketcham High School
- Orchard View High School
- John Jay High School
- Brinckerhoff Elementary School
- Fishkill Elementary School
- Myers Corners Road Elementary School
- Wappingers Junior High School
- James Evans Elementary School
- Gayhead Elementary School
- Fishkill Plains Elementary School
- Van Wyck Junior High School
- Sheafe Road Elementary School
- Oak Grove Elementary School
- Vassar Road Elementary School
- Kinry Road Elementary Schools
- First Presbyterian Church – 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month 9am to 11 am. Free Community Dinner – Saturday 3/21/20 (Take Out Only) Please call ahead with your order (845)-297-2800
- Zion Church – Every Wednesday from 12:30pm to 2pm & 5:30pm to 7 pm (only serve people in 12590 zip code)
- St. Mary’s – Every Thursday mornings (only serve people in 12590 zip code)
- Mamma Musetti’s – Free bagged lunches to kids – (Reserve bagged lunch ahead of time by calling 845-297-9365 or by email: email@example.com)
- Pacini’s Pizza – Each child can get a slice of pizza and two garlic knott’s for free
- Chubby’s Deli – Free slice of pizza or grilled cheese & French fries between the hours of 11am to 2pm for any Village of Wappingers Falls School Student.
- Nonna Pizzeria – Free slice of pizza, two garlic knots and Juice to every kid who needs it.
Village Hall is closed to the Public
Village Hall is CLOSED to the pubic. If you have any questions or concerns please call 845-297-8773. If you need to pay any garbage/sewer/water bills please put it in the lock box and a receipt will be mailed to you.
Village Court is closed to the Public
The court is closed to the public until further notice due to public health concerns. Justice personnel will continue to receive telephone calls during business hours as permitted. (845) – 297 – 6777. If you are scheduled for a court appearance you will receive notification through the mail with a new date. If you have a payment or plea on a traffic ticket please mail to: village justice court (2582 south avenue, wappingers falls, ny, 12590)