Dear Residents: Please note that it is the end of the year and any unpaid Water/Sewer or Garbage bills will be relevied to the 2021-2022 Village tax bill. Payments must be received on before April 1, 2021, 4pm.
The Village Treasurer’s main responsibilities include establishing the Village’s financial accounting and reporting systems. The Treasurer is the custodian of all village moneys, and must account to the Board and New York State for all moneys received, expended, and remaining on hand. The Treasurer’s duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Treasurer is the custodian of all Village moneys.
- The Treasurer is required to account for all moneys received and expended and to report periodically to the Board of Trustees on the status of such moneys/funds.
- The Treasurer reports on the status of the Village’s financial position to other outside agencies such as the NYS Comptroller’s Office at least annually.
- The Treasurer pays the bills and debts of the Village as directed by the Board of Trustees.
- The Treasurer also assists in preparing periodic budget/actual reports of revenues and expenditures in order for the Board of Trustees to be able monitor budget performance.
- The Treasurer performs such other duties as are prescribed by the Board of Trustees and/or the Mayor.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Village’s payroll function including applicable Federal and State payroll taxes and State Retirement System reporting.
Finance Committee: Mary Paonessa, Bryan Lammers, Jennifer Niznik
Give Us a Shout
Use the form below to drop us an email.